Facebook Blogging

Edward Hugh has a lively and enjoyable Facebook community where he publishes frequent breaking news economics links and short updates. If you would like to receive these updates on a regular basis and join the debate please invite Edward as a friend by clicking the Facebook link at the top of the right sidebar.

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

A Whole Lotta Nothin on Why BradSucks doesn't Suck

I have no idea at all who Brad Sucks is (except that he is probably not the Brad who most of my regular readers know and love all too well). I do not even know if the music he makes would be at all to my taste. But one thing I do know is that the point which Matt a whole lotta nothing makes is very much to the point. The era of the internet afficionado is coming. Long live the internet afficionado, but watch out for the impact on the corporate bottom line, and for the impact on information industry prices.

A couple months ago I picked up the Brad Sucks CD based on Scott's recommendation, before I heard a single note.

It sat around for a few weeks until one day I decided to rip the disc into iTunes and toss it into the random work mix. It spun for a week and it wasn't until I looked for the songs today that I realized what I've been enjoying all week. I have a few John Vanderslice and Folk Implosion albums in my library and I assumed the songs I heard and liked were one of those bands, but it was all Brad. "Making Me Nervous" is my current favorite song on earth. It sounds like the best of Folk Implosion and the rest of the Brad Sucks disc is really good too.

It's well worth the five bucks, and once again I'm amazed at the full sound a record-at-home musician can create. The days of multi-million dollar recording studios and thousands of dollars per hour rental fees are dead. Now it's just a cheap PC, a little equipment, a little software, and some expertise to make music.
Source: A Whole Lotta Nothing
LINK

Incidentally, I hate to admit it, but I can remember the days when there was a 'whole lotta shakin goin on'.

No comments: