Facebook Blogging

Edward Hugh has a lively and enjoyable Facebook community where he publishes frequent breaking news economics links and short updates. If you would like to receive these updates on a regular basis and join the debate please invite Edward as a friend by clicking the Facebook link at the top of the right sidebar.

Friday, May 16, 2003

SARS and the Chinese Blogsphere


The SARS problem in China is an area where blogging could, in principle, be extremely useful. I was therefore surprised to come across John Pasden's site and find this 'open letter' to the US media to which he, unfortunately received surprisingly few replies. I also discovered the interesting looking T-Salon and China weblog :

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a 25-year-old American citizen living in Hangzhou, China teaching English. I love China, and I love my life here. I find it very distressing, then, to see an abundance of hysteria- and hype-driven news stories on SARS. What I don't understand is why the American media has not gone to one of the most authentic sources out there today - blogs. Yes, blogs (weblogs). There are many, many English-speaking foreigners living through the SARS crisis. What's more, they are conscientiously WRITING ABOUT IT, and have been since day one. I sincerely hope that you consider adding this angle of the SARS story to your news reports.
Source: Sinosplice
LINK

No comments: